[Biojava-dev] Help - Implementing BLAST and FASTA for the module biojava-alignment module

udana chathuranga uchathuranga at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 02:53:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am a student a University of Moratuwa , Sri lanka. I am planning to
participate gsoc 2011 and I would like to work on a project regarding
bioinfomatics.I have already contact with biojava-l mailing list for some
basic help. I have also started looking to the cookbook as Andreas Prlic
guided me.I also went through some of the modules in
http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:Modules page.As this is about development
concern, I thought of posting this in the development mailing list.

After going through those I have got an idea of developing BLAST or FASTA
sequence alignment algorithms which are heuristic alignment algorithms.I
think these heuristic algorithms are not yet developed under the
biojava-alignment module.Correct me if I am wrong on this.

I have another idea that developing a module to support biological
networks.Is there are a module that works on the biological networks?

Thanks
Regards
Udana