[Biojava-dev] JAXB plugin dependencies in sequence-blastxml module

trevor paterson (RI) trevor.paterson at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Mon Sep 7 08:13:34 UTC 2009

Personally I think that the code should be independent of any IDE quirks - not tailored to work with every possible IDE. As we know what the issue is and how to avoid it I think the dependency should be left as it is.

It looks like netbeans is supplying something equivalent to jaxb 2.0 which lacks the Marshaller.marshall(Object, File) method signature - found since version 2.1.  - the sequence-blastxml BlastXMLTYools object uses this convenience method.

Trevor Paterson PhD
new email trevor.paterson at roslin.ed.ac.uk

Bioinformatics
The Roslin Institute
Edinburgh University
Scotland EH25 9PS
phone +44 (0)131 5274402
http://www.roslin.ed.ac.uk
http://www.comparagrid.org
http://www.thearkdb.org

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland with registration number SC005336