[Biojava-dev] FASTQ support on release-1_7-branch, prepare for 1.7.1?

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Tue Dec 29 04:19:56 UTC 2009

Andreas Prlic wrote:

> In principle the BioJava 3.0 release is scheduled for early next year,
> but I assume you don't want to wait so long, due to the FASTQ paper?

Right.  The paper explicitly mentions a version 1.7.1, so that needs to
exist sometime soon.  :)

> I will try to automatize the biojava 3.0 release procedure using Maven
> as much as possible.  As such I would not want to spend the time for a
> minor version update now, but if you want to go for it, fine with me.

I'm in the midst of cutting a release for some other maven-based projects,
and it's not as straightforward as one might expect.

> Building a release is straightforward, I documented the release
> procedure of 1.7 on this page:
>
> http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:Make_release

Whew, that's a lot to do!  Very nice job documenting the process.

> Probably you should add a page about the new FASTQ parser to the
> Cookbook as well, particularly if this is going to be the main new
> feature of 1.7.1 ...

Will do.

Thanks,

   michael