[Biojava-dev] FASTQ support on release-1_7-branch, prepare for 1.7.1?

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Mon Dec 28 15:31:48 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

In principle the BioJava 3.0 release is scheduled for early next year,
but I assume you don't want to wait so long, due to the FASTQ paper?
I will try to automatize the biojava 3.0 release procedure using Maven
as much as possible.  As such I would not want to spend the time for a
minor version update now, but if you want to go for it, fine with me.

Building a release is straightforward, I documented the release
procedure of 1.7 on this page:

http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:Make_release

Probably you should add a page about the new FASTQ parser to the
Cookbook as well, particularly if this is going to be the main new
feature of 1.7.1 ...

Let us know how it goes...

Andreas