[Biojava-dev] Isoelectric point calculation

george waldon gwaldon at geneinfinity.org
Mon Apr 2 23:56:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

Trying to solve the problem of symbol ambiguity in pI calculation that was brought to our attention on Biojava-1, I found a few problems, in particular (!) calculated pI values are incorrect, BinarySearch throw exceptions, and the ResidueProperties.xml has some strange values, such as pK of Glu at -4.25.
The class IsoelectricPointCalc was written a long time ago and I hope to get in touch with the original author and have a corrected code rapidly.
As a general rule, scientific biomethods and biodata put in biojava need precise literature references. Javadocs are a good place for that.

- George