[Biojava-dev] Changing the sample name of the ABI file

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Mon Apr 2 18:59:26 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 00:01, Lee Heewook wrote:
> Is there way to change the sample name of the ABI file?

I'm not sure what're you're asking.  There's a sample name field in the file
in SMPL, to rewrite that you'd have to rewrite pretty much the whole file.
Most of the time I found it easier to re-export the data from the instrument.

But if you're parsing the name of the file for info (frequently done as
grubbing in the file is a PITA) then you can usually simply change the file
name.