[Biojava-dev] BLAST(N) version 2.2.6 not supported

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Fri Jan 30 04:41:23 EST 2004

Once upon a time, Alistair Chalk (CGB) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When will blast version 2.26 be supported by the BlastLikeSAXParser?
>
> Error whch parsing a BLASTN 2.2.6 file gives:
>
> Program ncbi-blastn Version 2.2.6 is not supported by the biojava blast-like
> parsing framework
>         at
> org.biojava.bio.program.sax.BlastLikeSAXParser.interpret(BlastLikeSAXParser.
> java:241)
>         at
> org.biojava.bio.program.sax.BlastLikeSAXParser.parse(BlastLikeSAXParser.java
> :160

By default, the blast parser only handles output from versions which
are definitely known to be compatible with the parsing code.  In practice,
you can often get unsupported versions working by calling the
BlastLikeSAXParser.setModeLazy() method.

(Note: I haven't yet used 2.2.6 myself.  Let me know if it works,
and we can add it to the whitelist).

     Thomas.