[Biojava-dev] CVS - mixed case directories

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Mon Dec 6 00:05:13 EST 2004

Hi James -

One of CVS's 'features' is that you cannot rename or remove parts of the
directory structure. You can however 'retire' them. Whenever doing a cvs
checkout I recommend using cvs -dP

The -d part causes cvs to import any new directories or packages that have
been added, -P prunes any empty or obsolete directories. If you do that
(you may need to start with a clean checkout) you will not get all the
cruft.

- Mark

James Diggans <jdiggans at excelsiortech.com>
Sent by: biojava-dev-bounces at portal.open-bio.org