[Biojava-dev] some code I've knocked up

Lachlan James Coin lc1 at sanger.ac.uk
Sun Mar 23 09:54:22 EST 2003

Matthew,

Do you know about the phylogenetic analysis library
(see http://www.stat.uni-muenchen.de/~strimmer/pal-project/)
This is a full phylogenetics package written in Java.  I have also been doing
some tree stuff and hence have been using this package.  It has a lot of the
tree manipulation stuff in it already.  Also there is a package called
forrester, written by Christian Zmasek, one of Sean Eddy's students which also
manipulates trees.  One of the nicest things about this package is the ATV
tree viewer applet.

It would be nice to incorporate these packages into biojava - at the moment
for instance you need to convert between a biojava alignment and a pal
alignment for instance (which isn't that hard, but still).

Cheers,

Lachlan