[Biojava-dev] JDK 1.4.1 now available for OS X

Rhett Sutphin rhett-sutphin at uiowa.edu
Wed Mar 12 12:32:26 EST 2003

Hi,

Apple released their version of JDK 1.4.1_01 for OS X (10.2.3 and
later) on Monday.  Previously, the latest version available on OS X was
1.3.1.  This didn't seem to get much coverage outside of
Macintosh-specific sites (Sun doesn't even mention it on java.sun.com),
so I thought I would point it out in case anyone missed it.

It is being distributed through OS X's "Software Update" feature, so
most OS X 10.2 users will have it within a couple of weeks.  For more
info, there's Apple's marketerspeak site ( http://www.apple.com/java/ )
and their developer site ( http://developer.apple.com/java/ ).

Rhett