[Biojava-dev] Contributing chromatogram support to BioJava

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 16:02:08 EST 2003

The only possible gotcha with the sequence rendering API is that
nucleotides are evenly spaced. So, you have to scale the number of
samples to fit into however many pixles 'width' is reserved for one
nucleotide. If ChromoatogramGraphic is the same, then thunderbirds are go.

Matthew

Rhett Sutphin wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 06:38  PM, Schreiber, Mark wrote:
>
>> The ABITraceRenderer is found at
>> org.biojava.bio.gui.sequence.AbiTraceRenderer. It follows the biojava
>> gui idea of a SequenceRenderer. Hopefully if the ChromatogramGraphic can
>> be worked into a SequenceRenderer somehow then AbiTraceRender can be
>> deprecated and replaced with something more generic.
>

> A quick glance at AbiTraceRender.java does not reveal anything that
> can't be handled with ChromatogramGraphic.  I think that someone could
> probably create a SequenceRenderer that wraps a  ChromatogramGraphic
> without too much effort.
>
> Rhett
>
> --
> Rhett Sutphin
> Research Assistant (Software)
> Coordinated Laboratory for Computational Genomics
>   and the Center for Macular Degeneration
> University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA 52242 - USA
> 4111 MEBRF - email: rhett-sutphin at uiowa.edu

BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk