[Biojava-dev] Closing ResultSets and Statements in biosql package.

Len Trigg len at reeltwo.com
Fri Aug 1 10:36:29 EDT 2003

Keith James wrote:
> produce a real-life example. Would it be possible for you to describe
> how to recreate the exception so that we can make a regression test?
> Do you think it is possible to cause the exception using a minimal set
> of test data?

The code that triggered the problem was using filters to select exon
features, then translating the results into a peptide, and repeating
that for all sequences in the database. It was only getting through
about 600 sequences before falling over. I don't see why a test
couldn't just repeat some large number of times on the same sequence,
but it might be a bit of a slow test.

Cheers,
Len.