[Biojava-dev] unigene

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:06:04 +0000

Hi,

I've checked in a 1st parse at a unigene package. We can parse the *data
files and build annotation bundles from them, or just listen to the
parse events. There is a single interface - UnigeneCluster - and a tools
class. Also, there's a demo under demo-1.4/unigene that shows how to use
the parser.

I will probably be working on this over the next couple of days to
provide a bridge to the text files you get when you download unigene.
This will probably involve getting our flat-file indexer working as I
don't fancy loading 7.3G of data files into memory.

If anyone has any thoughts about what the unigene API should look like,
now's the time to shout.

Matthew
--
BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk