[Biojava-dev] Serial confusion :)

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
23 Oct 2002 14:16:22 +0100

[...]

    Thomas> Even stranger is the fact that your example fails.  Since
    Thomas> Foo implements FooI, which extends serializable, it really
    Thomas> OUGHT to work.  On the other hand, your Foo objects aren't
    Thomas> stateless, so it's not exactly analogous to the

My mistake - I should have posted in that code

    public static interface FooI { }

not

    public static interface FooI extends Serializable { }

The former fails. The latter was a check I did to see if making FooI
Serializable caused it to pass (which it does). I then posted the
edited version. Doh!

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj@sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -