[Biojava-dev] bootcamp 2003

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:27:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I've been speaking with the folks in the Newcastle
University CS department. They would be interested in
providing us with cost-price or free faciliites for
running a BioJava boot camp. The room has 60 linux
boxes with big screens, but I think those of us
teaching would feel a bit stretched by more than 30
people. To be able to guarantee access to the room for
a full week, we would have to hold it out of term
time.

There are two possible weeks after next term, starting
on March 31st and April 7th. Is April too far away?
Should we be looking at January before terms starts,
or book the room for some of each day during a week in
term, and have talks in a lecture thieter?

And lastly, is Newcastle OK, or would people prefer to
stick with Hinxton?

Matthew

ps People from Amsterdam come to Newcastle for stag
weekends - you may notice that our night life is
better than that in Cambridge

pps Nothing is decided - if you sudgest it, we will
consider it

ppps Don't bother sending me booking requests - once
we're ready for that we will post to the main list
with a URL for you to fill in your vital stats