[Biojava-dev] SimpleThreadPool priority change

Paul.Seed@geneprot.com Paul.Seed@geneprot.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:49:46 +0100

Hello -

I'd like to use the SimpleThreadPool in the utils package with a small
enhancement to allow the thread priority to be specified in the
constructor.  We should just need to add a call like:

                threads[i].setPriority(priority);

...to the startThreads() method before launching the thread.  Unfortunately
it's not possible to do this in a subclass of SimpleThreadPool as the
threads member is private, as is the PooledThread inner class.

It'd be a shame to write a whole new ThreadPool implementation class for
this small addition.  Could we envisage either loosening up the access
modifiers to protected, or adding the ability to set thread priority in the
SimpleThreadPool itself?

Thanks, best regards

- Paul Seed.

Bioinformatician