[Open-bio-l] OBDA redux?

Toshiaki Katayama k at bioruby.org
Thu Nov 17 00:00:50 UTC 2011

Hi Jason,

I was not actively following this thread but have one comment:

> I don't know if there is a generic API for the NOSQL systems which would
> help for standarization.

To my knowledge, RDF/SPARQL is the only standardized format/protocol
among the NoSQL stores. Unfortunately, its performance and scalability
are not yet comparable to the widely used key-value stores (e.g. Tokyo
Cabinet), however, Semantic Web may have a potential to be a standard
for storing heterogeneous data sets as an integrated biological DB
without designing any schema (we need ontologies instead).

Cheers,
Toshiaki Katayama