[Open-bio-l] Fwd: [Utilities-announce] NCBI Revised E-utility Usage Policy

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 13:53:20 UTC 2010

On 25 Mar 2010, at 13:18, Peter wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Chris Fields <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
>> Andy, Ewan,
>>
>> Yes, that's what I meant; I do not think a set of defaults is a good idea.
>
> Why? I agree that putting a default project email address in is a bad
> idea, but having a default tool seems fine. Perhaps I have misunderstood
> you.

Yes, I specifically mean the email parameter. I guess the only reason for the 'tool' parameter is to go some way to ensuring that the email address does actually belong to the tool developer? Otherwise it doesn't seem a very helpful piece of information to me, especially if it is one tool per email.

> Again we come back to the fact the new NCBI guidelines are still
> unclear.

Indeed