[Open-bio-l] Best practices for quality trimming?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 16:57:21 UTC 2009

2009/12/3 Cook, Malcolm <MEC at stowers.org>:
> Surprisingly I've seen no mention on SeqAnswers of fastx-toolkit ("a collection of command line tools for Short-Reads FASTA/FASTQ files preprocessing")
>
> http://hannonlab.cshl.edu/fastx_toolkit/commandline.html
>
> We have had good experience with it for quality trimming, quality reporting, adaptor removal and duplicate "collapsing" of Illumina read.... and it has an integration with galaxy....

The great thing about SeqWiki is that it's a wiki, which means that
when things are found to be missing, they can be added.

Unfortunately, by far the coolest page of SeqWiki only works when you
are logged in (its a mysterious bug related to the interaction of
vBulletin logins and MW logins). However, if you have logged in to
SeqAnswers, or if you don't mind registering, you may like to try this
page:

http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData

Dan.