[Open-bio-l] BioSQL Schema problem

Samuel Thoraval samuel.thoraval at librophyt.com
Wed Jun 28 09:45:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am new to biosql and I have 2 problems installing last CVS version
(*1.4.2.1*, /Sun Jun 16)/:
- running biosqldb-views-pg.sql after biosqldb-pg.sql gives errors, the
first one being:
psql:biosqldb-views-pg.sql:6: ERROR:  relation "seqfeature_key" does not
exist
- running load_ncbi_taxonomy.pl with
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/taxonomy/taxdump.tar.gz
<ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/taxonomy/taxdump.tar.gz> (the script
download option set to 1 doesn't download anything) gives the following
error :
 ./scripts/load_ncbi_taxonomy.pl --dbname bioseqdb --driver Pg --download 0
gunzip: taxdata/taxdump.tar.gz: No such file or directory
tar: taxdump.tar: ne peut open: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
tar: Erreur non récupérable: fin de l'exécution immédiate
        ... retrieving all taxon nodes in the database
        ... reading in taxon nodes from nodes.dmp
        ... insert / update / delete taxon nodes
failed to insert node (1;1;1;no rank;1;0): ERROR:  column "taxon_id" is
of type integer but expression is of type character varying
HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.

The schema expected from the biosqldb-views-pg.sql or taxonomy dump
file  does not match  the one in biosqldb-pg.sql.

Best regards,

--
Samuel Thoraval
LIBROPHYT, Bioinformatique