[GMOD-devel] Re: [Open-bio-l] Schema for genes & features&mappings to assemblies

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Wed, 1 May 2002 11:18:57 -0700

[...]
> Ignoring assemblies for a second, genomic alignments of EST or RefSeq
> sequences should use the (not yet present) featurepair table,
> (or whatever we decide to name this table).

The uncertainty about how you guys envision this table is probably part of my confusion. Is it in your opinion supposed to link two bioentries, two features, a feature and a bioentry, or any combination of them? I'm undecided as to what would be best; all of them seem to have advantages and limitations.

Since our local use case here may be isolated (although I don't believe so), I'd be happy to see you come forward with an initial feature_pair design that we'll adopt. Otherwise I'll settle on something and see how it works out in practice.

Thanks a lot Chris for your long response.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp@gnf.org