[Open-bio-l] roll call for toolkit obda support

KATAYAMA Toshiaki katayama@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:35:55 +0900

At Sat, 20 Jul 2002 18:33:29 -0400 (EDT),
Jason Eric Stajich wrote:
> I'm unsure how much progress was made post-hackathon and we seemed to have
> lost the whole matrix of checkboxes (the perf numbers are on the website
> though) .  Can someone fill in the blanks/?

How about BioRegistry (Directory)?

> BioSQL  (not sure which version of the schema we're talking about)
   BioRuby yes (read only yet)

> BioFetch
   BioRuby   yes

> BioCORBA (some bugs still remain no doubt)
   BioRuby   no

> XEMBL
   BioRuby no

> Flatfile
   BioRuby no (someone is working on this)

At Sat, 20 Jul 2002 16:29:07 -0700,
Jeffrey Chang wrote:
> > BioFetch
> >   BioPython ?
>
> What was this again?  Is this the seqdatabase.ini file?  If so, then
> check one off for BioPython!

Jeff, my understanding on this is :
  * seqdatabse.ini is for BioRegistry
  * BioFetch is a method for the entry retrieval over HTTP
    from the BioFetch server,
      http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cgi-bin/dbfetch
      http://bioruby.org/cgi-bin/biofetch.rb
    etc.

Regards,
Toshiaki Katayama
--
Kanehisa laboratory (Bioinformatics Center)
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto Univ.