[Open-bio-l] Re: project update for newsletter

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:25:19 -0400 (EDT)

OBDA is more than just flatfile indexing though, we need to spend time on
the remote data and how biosql fits in.  This is just a newsletter though
- it just needs to be a blurb - I'm not sure we even need to discuss how
it is implemented.  Just want a description of the major components of
OBDA - Flat file, Web/Remote DBs HTTP and SOAP, CORBA, and BioSQL and
what support they have in the various projects.

The website is http://obda.open-bio.org as I have posted before (and it
needs a volunteer to put content and interpretations together for the user
who wants to know what the heck is going on with this).

This is an important part of doing a project where we want to establish a
standard, communicating what it accomplishes in a quick description.  Not
ripping on you stuff Andrew, just frustrated because I think we've lost
steam to get any sort of documentation together justifying the work we've
put into things and demonstrating how it is useful.

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University
jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu