[Open-bio-l] BioSQL schema: some questions

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:24:28 -0700

[...]
> 17) Aren't Dbxref.dbname and Biodatabase.name redundant?
> Shouldn't there be a FK?

The documentation for Bioentry_direct_links says

# Direct links. It is tempting to do this
# from bioentry_id to bioentry_id. But that wont work
# during updates of one database - we will have to edit
# this table each time.

I'm obviously missing the discussion that preceded that. Could someone try to explain to me briefly why this is so? What would need to be edited, and why?

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp@gnf.org