[Open-bio-announce] Ndidistis Tyndaro. Styled Pettie, he was: later on you folks called him Tynd

Olenick checklists at leasys.com
Sun Dec 6 15:39:06 UTC 2009

I'm getting on, and what I'm doing. Well, I must get along to where I'm
bound; and then I'll come back home just as fast as I possibly can.
[EXIT _Euclio_ ACTVS II ACT II ENTER _Eunomia_ AND _Megadorus_ FROM
LATTER'S HOUSE _Eun._ Velim te arbitrari med haec verba, frater, 120
meai fidei tuaique rei causa facere, ut aequom est germanam sororem.
quamquam haud falsa sum nos odiosas haberi; nam multum loquaces merito
omnes habemur, nec mutam profecto repertam ullam esse aut hodie dicunt
mulierem aut ullo in saeclo. Brother, I do hope you'll believe I say
this out of my loyalty to you and for your welfare, as a true sister
should. Of course I'm well enough aware you men think us women are a
bother; yes, awful chatterboxes--that's the name we all have, and
(_ruefully_) it fits. And then that common saying, "Never now, nor
through the ages, never any woman dumb." verum hoc, frater, unum tamen
cogitato, tibi proximam me mihique esse item te; ita aequom est quod in
rem esse utrique arbitremur et mihi te et tibi me consulere et monere;
130 neque occultum id haberi neque per metum mussari, quin participem
pariter ego te et tu me ut facias, eo nunc ego secreto ted huc foras
seduxi, ut tuam rem ego tecum hic loquerer familiarem. But just the
same, do remember this one thing, brother,