[MOBY-l] Problems starting dashboard in trunk

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:20:25 UTC 2008

> that the maven
> dependency list contained commons-collections-2.1.jar which does not
> declare the LinkedMap class
> - it is included in commons-collections-3.2.jar, though

Sorry, I have not paid enough attention to the question. I had a better look
now: the problem - as Marc correctly described - is that  some other
dependency downloads commons-collections-2.1 and the correct one (2.3.) is
made not-accessible.  And it can happen randomly (depending on the order how
the dependencies are being resolved?) - because on my machine it does
download the correct version. The solution is to use 'exclusion' in the
xmls/project.pom. The our culprit is the commons-dbcp.

I have updated xmls/project.pom and committed but I would like more people
to try - if it helped (there may be more "culprits"). Just make 'cvs update
-dP' and then 'ant clean compile'.

Cheers,
Martin

--