[MOBY-l] Apologies, a hint for MIPS-Service substitutions, and an invitation

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Wed Jul 30 08:51:58 UTC 2008

Mark wrote:
> This all brings me to my final comment - I currently have two
> summer-students who are working on the problem of automated workflow
> repair (i.e. finding equivalent services to fix broken workflows).
> We're going to be inviting everyone to participate in a Moby Service
> Annotation Jamboree later this summer.  It will be a "virtual"
> jamboree - just come to the website.  We'll have an interface there
> through which you can deeply annotate Moby services (inputs, outputs,
> underlying resources, service types, authorities, etc.) with the goal
> of improving service discovery.  I encourage all Moby users to
> participate and improve the quality of our service annotations!  At a
> minimum, I hope that the current service providers will visit the
> website and annotate their own services :-)
I was wondering how you store this information ? are they mapped to the
services/datatypes etc in the moby central database ?

Here at the mpiz we already thought about offering this feature as a
permanent service to everyone, so everyone can tag services/datatypes
etc. Have you ever considered such kind of things ? I recently modified
dashboard and my local moby database to have a prototype for service
tagging. Unfortunately i can only offer you some screenshots, but I was
wondering if such extension could be worth considering to integrate it
in the official moby api ? you can see the first idea at
http://bioinfo.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/tagging2.jpg

so my suggestion is to think about a tagging system (via dashboard / web
portal), which is permant available and allows everyone to tag moby stuff ?!

best
andreas

  Dipl. Bioinf. Andreas Groscurth
  Bioinformatics Software Developer
  Plant Computational Biology group
  Max-Planck Institute for plant breeding research
  Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
  50829 Cologne
  Germany
  +49(0) 221 5062449