[MOBY-l] get lineage function

maliha aziz maliha.aziz at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 22:19:03 UTC 2008

Hi

I am trying to use the getlineage function to retrieve the lineage of a
few data types but its giving me the following error

MobyDataType[] dt_typ=dttyp[counter].getLineage();

ERORR is as follows
Cannot parse MOBY Object Ontology: java.lang.NullPointerException

hmmmm.... i used the getlineage function for the service types and it
worked perfectly fine...

:S

so what am i going wrong here

One more question ... the function getAllChildren()...

MobyRelationship[] dt=dttyp[countz].getAllChildren();

does it return children of all relation types or just HAS HASA... i
know itz written tht itz only HAS HASA types are returned but just wanted
to confirm and if I want to obtain children with ISA relationships
which function shud i use???

maliha

       p.s. and yea ive configured the registry to point to the new
 address...