[MOBY-l] Services accepting multiple inputs

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Apr 3 14:18:30 UTC 2008

That's correct.  A collection is a SINGLE input.

e.g.  lets say I want to create a BLAST service, where I provide both the
DNA Sequence database, as well as the DNA Sequence that I want to blast
against it.  The database goes into a Collection of DNASEwquence objects,
the query sequence goes into a Simple, and both of these go into a
mobyData block as a SINGLE input to the service.

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:26:20 -0700, Ola Spjuth <ola.spjuth at farmbio.uu.se>
wrote:

> Interesting. It seems I want to use the Collection article to provide
> multiple simple objects (was not aware of its existence). I guess the
> service would need to be explicitly written with a Collection as
> PrimaryInput in order to support this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> /Ola
>

> On Apr 3, 2008, at 14:54 , Edward Kawas wrote:
>
>> Just so that I get the last word ;-)
>>
>> I am not sure how to use MobyDataInstance/etc, but in the moby world if
>> service receives multiple mobyData blocks, then the service iterates
>> over
>> each of them and then returns a response.
>>
>> http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Docs/MOBY-S_API/
>> InputMessa
>> ge.html (the part 'How to invoke a service with a Simple Article'
>> describes
>> this).
>>
>> Eddie

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
Tel:  604 682 2344 x62129
Fax:  604 806 9274

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by
unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.