[MOBY-l] need help in populating a simple DB with biomoby services

maliha aziz maliha.aziz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 22:19:07 UTC 2007

Hi
the datatypes in biomoby are either

   records or

   sets (has only one instance of a particular child e.g. geneSNP that is composed of

       aa_pos (HASA) => Integer
       strain (HASA) => String
       codon_ref (HASA) => String
       aa_ref (HASA) => String
       codon_var (HASA) => String
       aa_var (HASA) => String
       aa_change (HASA) => String)     or

   bags ( allows repeat of the same instance within it .g DNA sequence Holder )
correct?

I have a simple Database that is composed of 5 tables

The first table is called the "Concept class". It will hold the datatypes declared in biomoby and their LSID
The Second table is called the "Concept structure". It will hold the information about the datatype itself whether it is a record , a set or a bag....
the third table is the "Concept Components". This table would hold the child information i.e. for geneSNP datatype this table would hold

    aa_pos (HASA) => Integer
       strain (HASA) => String
       codon_ref (HASA) => String
       aa_ref (HASA) => String
       codon_var (HASA) => String
       aa_var (HASA) => String
       aa_change (HASA) => String)
LSID of each component would be stored along with other info.

Now this takes care of the datatype. To look at the tool itself
I have a table "Tools" that hold the information about the webservice registered in biomoby its name the LSID etc
Another table called the "Tools_io" holds the information about the input and out puts of this particular tool . This is basically a relational entity between the Tools and the Concept compnents.

My first question... Am I on the right track?
About the concept structure table I would have to find out programmatically myself whether the datatype is a record or a set or a bag by looking at the LSIDz right? (does a simple string have a LSID?)
Secondly , right now I have just downloaded the webservices in a simple file from biomoby so am not really sure if  this is going to work although the work is pretty simple. It is the biomoby end that is a bit confusing.
If I download the datatypes and populate the Concept table and then venture towards downloading the tools themselves Can I link the datatypes with the tool IO through the LSID?
Could someone tell me what packages am I looking at over here while tryin to accomplish this.

There is one thing missing here and that is the declaration of Tools_IO to be collections or enumerated etc at the time of declaring the tool. I still have to figure that out

I would be really grateful if someone could help me out in this... :)

regards

Maliha