[MOBY-l] java error

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 06:51:07 UTC 2006

Hi,
> I don't see /org folder in mine..

   The otg is under src - and you have it there - but it is not anymore
important because I think the problem cause is found...

> Is it because I downloaded the tarball from the biomoby.org website
> instead of using CVS?

   That's it! Some tar programs limit the length of the file names. It
seems that the tar used by biomoby.org is one of them (yes, it is, I have
just checked it). So you are not getting correct file names. I will report
it to the CVS maintainer, but your solution is clear - use please a
regular CVS:

> how do I set up my CVS if I want to get the files from CVS?

   Are you on Unix or windows? On Unix you should have already a 'cvs'
command line client available (if not, use your package manager - it can
install it for you easily - its name depends on the Linux distribution you
are using; which one it is?). On Windows, I recommend to use TortoiseCVS
(or WinCVS).
   On Unix, do as described
here: http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Java/docs/CVS.html.

   Cheers,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger
   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)