[MOBY-l] recompiling Apache

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 23 16:53:44 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I've just found a posting that suggests that there is a conflict between
expat and apache.  Expat is the XML parser that I believe is part of
libxml2 which is what is used by XML::LibXML - the new libraries that
are doing the XML parsing for MOBY Central.

I will need to recompile Apache to fix this problem (if it is the
problem...), so you might notice mobycentral going up and down over the
next 48 hours as I play with it, but I will try to limit my testing to
the test instance of the server so that it doesn't disturb anyone too
badly.

Sorry for the flakyness!

(this doesn't explain the crash of mysql... but it might just have been
a coincidence...)

--
Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)