[MOBY-l] Boolean object

Tom Oinn tmo at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 00:16:44 UTC 2005

Morgan Langille wrote:
> I was thinking that it would be nice to have a boolean moby object. It
> could be a sub-object of Integer (Boolean ISA Integer) that should only
> contain 1 (true) or 0 (false). Of course there is no way to constrain
> this but it seems useful to have this. Does anyone have any suggestions
> on if/how a boolean object should be made?

Surely 'Boolean ISA Integer' translates to 'all operations that can
consume an integer can consume a boolean' which is clearly wrong, at
least from my perspective. You might implement a boolean as an
enumeration but it shouldn't look like that in the ontology. I would be
very surprised (as a user) if I asked what I could do with a boolean
operator and got multiplication as an answer...

Tom