[MOBY-l] New release of MOBY Perl code

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Jul 8 22:08:47 UTC 2005

Hi all,

There's a new release of the Perl libraries at
http://biomoby.org/releases

v0.8.2

It has the various little improvements that we have added over the past
month, but more importantly, I want everyone to know it is there because
the code in the CVS is likely to become pretty flakey over the next
couple of months as we start to commit our major changes and move toward
LSID compliance (and dependence...).  This will be the last release of
the code that does not require you to install the LSID libraries, and
people hosting MOBY Central will also have to install and set-up an LSID
resolver (we will provide the code for that too).

So, hold on to your hats, and if you need a functional copy of the code,
you better get it from this release 'cause the codebase is about to get
ugly ;-)

It will all be worth it - we are getting VERY excited about the 1.0
release!!

Mark

P.S.  I have also updated the online install docs to explain how to set
up the OntologyServer to serve from a local database.  However, the
problem of keeping your ontology synchronized with the main one is
entirely yours... it is one of the things we will be addressing first in
the next codebase.

--
Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor