[MOBY-l] RDQL and moby registry?

Phillip Lord p.lord at russet.org.uk
Thu Sep 9 16:19:45 UTC 2004

  Michael> What is the potential application of RDQL with the current
  Michael> registry system, or future revisions of the system, and do
  Michael> you think it will prove useful?

  Michael> (RDQL is a RDF query language basically)

  Michael> Here is a demo of RDQL. There is a perl module for RDQL
  Michael> too, I noticed.

  Michael> http://www3.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/rdfapi-php/test/custom_rdql_test.php

  Michael> Just hit "submit me!" and it searches for the creator of
  Michael> the RDF document.

I don't know whether Mark is putting a RDF/RDQL backend onto moby, but
within the mygrid project we have created a similar semantically
searchable registry. The current version, written by Pinar Alper, uses
a RDF backend (using Jena) and gets all of its query functionality
through RDQL. We've also used RDF/RDQL for storing

It works quite well.

So yes there is definitely a potential application for RDQL within
future versions of moby. Mark can say for himself if he is going to
try it.

Cheers

Phil