[MOBY-l] (no subject)

Paul Gordon gordonp at cbr.nrc.ca
Thu Nov 11 19:01:27 UTC 2004

Hi Gustavo,

>7 I used the source code downladed of CVS and compile that... and
>everithing OK
>8 I found some example called MobyServiceInvocationExample.java, but when
>i try to complile, i had the next error:

Indeed, this is the correct class to use invoke a service.
The problem you encountered below is that unfortunately Crimson does not
handle null namespaces as per the XML Namespaces spec (as Crimson is no
longer being actively maintained).  I suggest you use Apache Xerces as
your XML parser, and the appliucation should not fail.  As Mark pointed
out though, you'll get an empty response, if that NCBI_ig typo from your
e-mail in the input, though it looks like your actual input is okay from
the message below.

If you don't have Xerces, it can be downloaded as a jar from
http://xml.apache.org/.  If you do have it, but it's not your default
XML parser, you can make it the default with any number of techniques as
described at that site, or define a rather verbose system property on
the command line Java invocation:
 "-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.*xerces*.*jaxp*.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"

Good Luck!