[MOBY-l] To access moby service using Java

Paul Gordon gordonp at cbr.nrc.ca
Wed Feb 4 17:56:27 UTC 2004

Pedantic Paul on the prowl, sorry :-)

It's a common error, but technically "element" in XML refers the
<start-tag>...</endtag> or <inline-tag/> parts of the document.  Things
like processing instructions, comments, are "tags" or "nodes".  It's a
CDATA Section.  Pedantic people read further.

An XML document has one or more elements, so a document that's just a
comment is not an XML document.  In fact, the XML prolog <?xml...?> tag
and any comments/whitespace/processing instructions after or before the
root element close tag are not considered part of the XML document.
Most DOM implementations will not let you access anything from the
prolog except the document type declaration(<!DOCTYPE>), so be careful!