[MOBY-l] findServices problem

Paul Gordon gordonp at cbr.nrc.ca
Thu Aug 26 15:59:23 UTC 2004

Hmm. This search retrieves things that work on Object, VirtualSequence,
GenericSequence, NucleotideSequence, or DNASequence.  The DNASequence
doesn't have a namespace, so none is provided as input to findService.
The behaviour of MOBY Central is to return services that match any
namespace for these objects, which will produce services that can't use
the template input.  e.g. PDBtoMotifID comes up as a service, since it
works on an Object, but the fact that it requires a PDB namspace object
makes a non-namespaced DNASequence invalid input.

How can we run findServices MOBY Central to distinguish between any
namespace and no namespace?  Is it not a misinterpretation to consider a
blank namespace as a wildcard (since namespaces are not a hierarchy)?