[MOBY-l] namespace, objects, etc help with INPUT/OUTPUT

Michael Jensen michael at acutrans.net
Mon Nov 17 16:37:23 UTC 2003

I am trying to understand the XML for registering a service, but I am
not sure where to map what such as when using existing objects and
namespaces. I know I don't have to build this by hand, but I want to
understand what each part is doing, etc. Is there some sort of list
that says "this is an objectType" and this is the "Namespace" it is in,
and what an articleName is, etc.?

<registerService>
          <Category>moby</Category>
          <serviceName>GoGene</serviceName>
          <serviceType>Retrieval</serviceType>
          <authURI>gogene.missouri.edu</authURI>
          <URL>http://gogene.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/gogene.pl</URL>;
          <contactEmail>mdjgf8 at mizzou.edu</contactEmail>
          <authoritativeService>1</authoritativeService>
          <Description><![CDATA[
                some description here
                ]]>
          </Description>
          <Input>
             <Simple articleName="gene">
                 <objectType>Gene</objectType>
                 <Namespace>Genbank:Gene</Namespace>
             </Simple>
             <Collection articleName="myname">
                 <Simple articleName="myname">
                     <objectType>TotalCrap</objectType>
                     <Namespace>Genbank:Crap</Namespace>
                 </Simple>
                 <Simple articleName="myname">
                     <objectType>YetMoreCrap</objectType>
                     <Namespace>Genbank:Crap</Namespace>
                 </Simple>
             </Collection>
          </Input>
          <secondaryArticles>
             <Parameter articleName="limit_by">
                <datatype>INT</datatype>
                <default>10</default>
                <max>100</max>
                <min>1</min>
                <enum>1</enum>
                <enum>2</enum>
                <enum>10</enum>
                <enum>100</enum>
             </Parameter>
          </secondaryArticles>
          <Output>
             <Simple articleName="myoutputname">
                 <objectType>TotalCrap</objectType>
                 <Namespace>Genbank:Crap</Namespace>
             </Simple>
          </Output>
       </registerService>

The input and output is what I am trying to understand mostly. For the
input there is a simple articlename, and then a collection with a
simple articlename. I assume I could just use the first simple without
a "collectioN", but then my question is what would an example
articlename be and accompanying objecttype and namespace.

Thanks!

-Michael Jensen
mdjgf8 at mizzou.edu