[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] sample code of Central.call method

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Nov 14 13:02:28 UTC 2003

I know very little about Java, or any of the libraries that Martin has
been writing, but I can make a pretty good guess at why this isn't
working...

It appears that you are creating an instance of a MOBY Central object
and trying to call a MOBY Service through calls to that object... There
is no connection *at all* between a MOBY Service and MOBY Central.  It
is purely by coincidence that the GenbankAccServiceRetrieve service is
hosted on the same machine as MOBY Central itself
(mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca) but don't be fooled by that - they are
completely separate and have completely independent interfaces.

...so, I suspect that your Central central = new CentralImpl() is
causing you the problems...  I suspect that you cannot call a service
using the CentralImpl interface.

But I may be completely speaking out of my arse, as I don't really know
how Martin's libraries work...  but I don't think he is around at the
moment so I thought I would try to help you in case he doesn't get to
his mail for a few days.

i hope this helps...???

Mark