[MOBY-l] sample code of Central.call method

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 06:14:05 UTC 2003

> I read the API document at http://biomoby.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/BioMOBYAPI.

    This is a general API, a language independent API. For using the Java
one, look rather in the jMoby pages - the API may not be yet visible there
because the server has been moved recently. In that case, try my mirror:
http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger/jMoby/API/index.html.

> And I try to access using 'central.call("GenbankAccSequenceRetrieve",
> But I get an Error.
> Exception in thread "main" org.biomoby.shared.MobyException: ===ERROR===
> Fault details:
> [stackTrace: null]
> Fault string: Failed to locate method (GenbankAccSequenceRetrieve) in class (MOB
> Y::Central) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2195.

   ...which means that you have not specified the correct location (an
endpoint of the service). You are calling the Moby Central, but you should
be calling the service itself. Moby Central doe not provide services, it
provides only pointers to them.

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger