[MOBY] [MOBY-l] New example service

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Mon Nov 3 08:57:05 EST 2003

You can link to the FASTA example, but I have a whole MOBY education site
at

  http://plantgenome.sdsc.edu/mobyed2/learn.html

and you should provide a link to it. BTW I'm very open to any suggestions
about how to improve my ed. program. If you or anyone else wants to look
it over and offer comments that would be very welcome.

getMobySimples does overlap with CommonSubs a little. I didn't want to
create competing software but it kind of went in that direction.  It
returns a list of MobyXmlObject objects.  If that belongs in CommonSubs
then let's put it in there and I'll add MobyXmlObject to the CVS tree.

As for MobyXmlObject I will add soon:

  method getMobyCollections
  ability to set values in object and write it as XML
  method getMobyGenericSequence (a convenience method)
  capability to deal with secondary articles and CRIB/PIB

Ken