[MOBY] [MOBY-l] New Object Registration

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Aug 20 20:58:59 UTC 2003

Excellent!  Very MOBYesque!!!

Only one **small** comment :-)

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 14:16, Vijay Narayanasamy wrote:

> Output <moby:PubMed-MEDLINE namespace="PMID" id="12925988">
> 		<String namespace="primitive" id="">
> 		...CONTENTS OF PUBMED DOCUMENT IN MEDLINE DISPLAY FORMAT...
> 		</String>
> 	  </moby:PubMed-MEDLINE>

> Let me know if can register object class "PubMed-MEDLINE" (ISA text-plain,
> HASA String) at the main MOBY.

This is *almost* the correct structure, but not quite.  Since you are
planning for PubMed-MEDLINE objects to inherit from text-plain, there is
no need for the String sub-object; text-plain ISA String, therefore the
content of your PubMed-MEDLINE object can be a string, verbatim, without
any sub-XML-elements.  In addition, **if** you were to create an object
such as you describe above you would need to give the String element an
'articleName' attribute, which you are missing at the moment (but since
PubMed-MEDLINE ISA String, there is no need to do so).

Congratulations on your services!  They are **exactly** the kind of
thing we are hoping MOBY will do!!

> p.s.: I still do not have "collection" input

Is there a reason for that?  Can I help?  I know it is a pain in the butt
because you can't test these using the dumb CGI client program, but
if that is the "correct" way to build your service, you should probably
do so anyway - eventually we will build a better client program.