[MOBY-l] How to use Moby services in Java

Vijayalakshmi Janakiraman viji at gsf.de
Wed Aug 6 11:19:51 UTC 2003

Hi Mark,

 I'm working on accessing a web service(in Java using Axis) from Moby
 Client. Now, I'm successful in making my service available in my web
 server and it is accessible thru a normal Java Client application.

 I know in Perl there is a defined directory (../cgi-bin/MOBY/Services)
 where any service to be accessed from Moby Client will be searched for.
 Is there a way to access any service running in my web server(jboss)
 from Moby Client ?

 Below is the conversation between me and Martin regarding access of web
 services(using axis) thru Moby CLient...

 VG  ==> OK.. Now is it possible to access thru Moby Client..? I tried and it
 says, Service unavailable... Anything to be set for that too..?

MARTIN  ==>    I am afraid I do not know - I was dealing always only with the moby
 central - I have not written myself any moby-compliant service yet. I have
 plans to write Java supporting classes to help producing such services
 conveniently - but it will not happen before this fall.
    Perhaps now is the time to ask Mark who wrote the Moby Client...

Any suggestions or directions...

Thanks
VG