[MOBY-l] service = method ?

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 20:42:56 UTC 2002

> In other words, does Moby contain an option of saving session state?

   Sorry, but no. "Mobby" is either Moby Central or Moby Service. You
probably meant Moby Service. But Moby service is only a wrapper around any
web service understanding Moby objects. That's all. Am I right here?
Therefore, there is no sense to talk about "sessions in Moby", but only
about sessions in normal web services. And it is not the task of Moby to
decide how they (the wrapped web services) will deal with sessions, or if
they do it at all.
  I am not talking about implementation (cookies, etc.), but about "how
can Moby central register web services that have dependent methods.

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger