[MOBY-l] Archives?

Brian Gilman gilmanb at genome.wi.mit.edu
Fri Feb 8 21:19:14 UTC 2002

Hello all,

	Well, we're getting ready to do another release of Omnigene and
omniview on Feb 21st. It will include:

	1) Server management (ie add URL of server to app to contact)
	2) Dynamic discovery of DSN's etc.
	3) Write back of annotations on Features (stored locally)
	4) Add your own DAS track (flat file data import)
	5) Runnable omnigene server with fake data fully SOAPed up
	6) Security (HTTPS and IP restriction)
	7) Stored Procedure templates to hook to DB
	8) Filterability of features in client (pick me snps on chromosome
1 that are no farther apart than x kilobases)
	9) Filterability of features between tracks (give me a
non-redundant list of features between NIH SNPs and TSC SNPs or tell me if
the three data sources Jim Kent, NCBI, and Ensembl all predict the same
gene)

			best,

				-B

Brian Gilman <gilmanb at genome.wi.mit.edu>
Sr. Software Engineer MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
phone +1 617  252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902