[MOBY-l] Archives?

Jason E. Stewart jason at openinformatics.com
Fri Feb 8 19:55:43 UTC 2002

"Mark Wilkinson" <mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca> writes:

> all is quiet on the western front :-)   Lincoln, Damian, Brian, Suzi,
> Chris and I had an "ad hoc" MOBY meeting at the O'Reilly conference

Hi Mark,

I didn't realize that you were there, I would have liked to meet you
in person, oh well.

As it turns out, *I* do have funding to work on moby-related
projects. Our NSF grant for GeneX including a component to develop a
P2P-derived mechanism for sharing gene expression data, G2G.

In the post-moby world, G2G would not be an end unto itself (as I sold
it in the grant) but merely one example of a moby service. I would
like as much of what I do to be as widely applicable to the moby
community as possible, as I really hate re-implementing other's
work. So I'd be happy to discuss my ideas openly on the list.

I'll start up a separate thread for that.

Cheers,
jas.