[MOBY-l] changes to the data_types on the CVS, and error in my code

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Thu Nov 8 23:04:14 UTC 2001

Hi all,

Lots to report today...

First, I have had a brief email conversation with a fellow from Microsoft regarding the support of
attributes within XML tags in a wsdl document.  He *strongly* discouraged this, indicating that support
for this in wsdl was weak, and apparently not guaranteed.  This has implications to our MOBY Information
Block structure, which we had agreed would look like:

<MIB Class="myclass" NS="mynamespace" ID="myid"/>

As such, and after clarification from Matt that we had agreed that a MIB is a single triple, not an array
of triples (thanks Matt!) I suggest that the MOBY Information Blocks be structured in the following way:

<MIB>
    <Class>classname</Class>
    <NS>namespace</NS>
    <ID>identifier</ID>
</MIB>

where a returned MOBY object may have zero or more MIB's before the payload.

I have coded this in the data_types.xsd as follows:

 <element name="MIB" type="tns:MIB_type" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
 <complexType name="MIB_type">
     <all>
         <element name="Class" type="string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
         <element name="NS" type="string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
         <element name="ID" type="string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
     </all>
 </complexType>

Note that this is **not** the format that is returned by the little script that I sent around last
week!!!  Thus that script should not be used as a hard-n-fast template!

I have also updated the directory structure on the CVS.  The new data_types.xsd document is in the Classes
folder, and the port_defs.wsdl is in the port_defs folder.  The majority of things in the data_types.xsd
are just there as a placeholders.  Please modify them as you see fit.

How does this sound to you all?

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group