[MOBY-l] GO Classes

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Thu Nov 1 17:06:53 UTC 2001

One more comment, mainly directed to Chris:

Chris, I forgot to tell you that you were nominated at the MOBY-DIC
meeting to create the GO_Graph and GO_Node MOBY Classes.  Surprise!!

We had agreed that there would be three GO-specific MOBY Classes:
    (1) GO_Annotation:  served by anyone who annotates
    (2) GO_Graph:  served by GO host only
    (3) GO_Node:  served by GO host only

I wonder, though, if a node is just a graph-of-size-one...??  I can't
remember, now, why we decided that both were needed.  Possibly just to
keep the objects small (i.e. a Graph would contain only relationship
info, and a Node would contain more fleshed out details.)  Anyway,
Chris, you are in a better position to make that decision.

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group
National Research Council of Canada