[MOBY-dev] jMoby and Java 6

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Mon Sep 7 13:03:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 20:47 +0800, Martin Senger wrote:
> Dmitry would like to submit some Java code to jMoby - but it needs Java 6.
> So far, we have used Java 5. Should we move to Java 6 now? Any objections?

You will have to ask people with 32-bit Intel or any PowerPC Mac machine,
for which no Sun JDK 1.6 is available. I have no clue how many of these
are out there in production or used by developers.

But any java 1.6 code should therefore work at least on SoyLatte,
which is available via the "Java Research License", see:

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/61/java/javafx-jdk6-on-32-bit-mac.html
"Java 6 Port for Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 (Intel)"

(Disclaimer: I am not sure whether the license collides with JRL.
 Ask your lawyer).

Yours,
Steffen